Fresh Ways to Wake Up Water
Stay hydrated all day long with these five fresh twists on water
Even we will admit that water can get pretty boring after a while. For new ways to stay hydrated, we turned to Andrea Giancoli, R.D., a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
• Steep herbal tea bags in cold water overnight. mint teas are particularly refreshing.
• Make your own spa water by adding cucumber slices and strawberries to ice-cold water. Just don’t let it sit overnight; the water will get cloudy from the fruit or veggie pulp breaking down.
• Throw in a few slices of fresh fruit like pineapple or orange for a sweet twist.
• Combine two parts water with one part diet Ocean Spray juice—we like blueberry-pomegranate. each serving contains only five calories and two grams of sugar.
• Keep a few single-serving drink powders in your bag. Five-calorie Crystal Light is delicious, and some flavors are infused with energizing B vitamins and caffeine. Palm-size, calorie-free MIO is another great flavor booster to toss into your gym bag.