Chicken Cordon Bleu
We’re recreating the Chicken Cordon Bleu and slashing those calories to smithereens!
Hi all! I’m going to go back to the basics of Alli’s Slim Pickins; the very premise upon which it was built. I’m taking a favorite food that is typically deemed, “not so healthy” and Slim Pickininzing it to make it so! I will provide you a ballpark estimate of the nutritionals of the original version and compare it to my version! I’m going to throw these in every couple weeks and call it: “Slim Pickinized!” Therefore, whenever you see these words before the food, you know what the drill is! I’m kicking it off with a simple recipe to demonstrate how easy it can be to transform typically unhealthy meals into mouth-watering, waist-friendly ones. This is so much fun.
Ode to the Chicken Cordon Bleu: Think of the gooey cheesiness that protrudes from the middle of a fried chicken breast rolled together with the smoky taste of ham…delicious, yes!…BUT terrible from a nutritional perspective! ENTER THE SLIM PICKINS ZONE! We’re recreating this and slashing those calories to smithereens! How much? I’m glad that you asked.
|100% Taste, 0% Guilt||Original||Slim Pickinized|
It’s amazing what a few simple tweaks can do! It’s all about creativity my friends and I’m excited to provide you with the know-how to do this on your own! Don’t be nervous to re-create some of your favorite recipes once you get the hang of it! You don’t have to suffer in order to eat healthy - it’s all about taste without the guilt. As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt!
It's all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let's make it happen...
Slim Pickinized Chicken Cordon Bleu
- (2) 6 oz. raw boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 slices low fat ham
- 2 low fat mozzarella string cheese sticks
- ½ tsp of each seasoning: thyme, paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper
- Cooking Spray
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put all seasonings in a small Ziploc bag and shake to combine mixture.
- On a cutting board, pound chicken breasts to approximately 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides of each breast with the seasoning mixture (save a small portion to use later).
- Place 1 slice of ham on top of each breast. Pull apart one cheese stick and arrange on top of the ham on one breast. Repeat for second breast.
- Roll up each breast tightly and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in baking dish, and lightly coat the chicken with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining seasoning mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. This is delicious on its own or served with rice and vegetables (no rice if you’re counting carbs!) YUM!!!!
Per chicken breast (serves 2): 275 calories, 52 grams protein, 1 gram carbohydrates, 7 grams fat
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.