Coconut Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Satisfy your sweet tooth without blowing your diet
Makes 3 dozen bite-size cookies
• 3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup coconut oil (room temp)
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 2/3 cup almond meal
• 1/3 cup coconut, finely shredded
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• Dash nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp fine-grain sea salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 6 oz dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° and place racks in the top third.
2. In a large bowl, combine bananas, vanilla, and coconut oil. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together oats, almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder.
4. Combine in one bowl and stir. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop dollops of dough— each about 2 tablespoon in size—an inch apart onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12–14 minutes.
NUTRITION FACTS (per cookie): 99 calories, 1.5g protein, 6g fat, 10g carbs, 1.7g fiber, 4.6g sugar, 1.9mg sodium