Baked Gorgonzola Sweet Potato Au Gratin
This sweet potato side dish is bursting with flavor—and it's under 200 calories per serving!
Make 4 servings (roughly 4 oz. each)
• 16 oz peeled and thinly sliced sweet potatoes
• 1 oz reduced fat crumbled gorgonzola
• 2 tbsp Smart Balance
• 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
• 1 egg white
• 1/8 tsp black pepper
• dash sea salt
• 1/2 tsp ground thyme
• 1 tbsp sugar-free honey (sweetened with Xylitol by Nature’s Hollow)
• 1 tbsp minced onion
• 1 oz chopped pecans
1. Peel and thinly slice sweet potatoes in to 1/4” slices. Coat baking pan with cooking spray and lay slices out side by side. Lighly coat with spray. Bake in a preheated oven to 350 for roughly 20 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, chop pecans. Remove sweet potatoes from the oven. Coat medium size shallow casserole dish with cooking spray.
3. Toss all ingredients in a bowl to coat all sizes of potatoes. Either pour mixture in to the casserole dish or carefully layer as I did in the picture. Either way will work.
4. Cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove foil and broil for a couple of additional minutes.
Note: If you’re not comfortable using honey sweetened with Xylitol, use regular. Just be sure to account for it in the nutritional breakdown.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 195 calories, 7.72g fat, 33.1g carbohydrate, 3.99g protein