Carrot Cream Cheese Baked Oatmeal
Start your day (or workout) off right with this healthy, easy-to-prepare recipe
Breakfast and Post-Workout
It’s no secret how healthy old-fashioned oats are for you, and if you know me at all, you already know how much i love my oatmeal— especially baked oatmeal. here is one favorite where i give you the taste and texture of carrot cake but cooked into a flavorful, healthy serving of baked oatmeal.
Makes 1 serving
• 2–3 tbsp grated carrots
• 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
• 1/4 cup egg-white substitute
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp cheesecake extract (such as LorAnn oil)
• 1/4 tsp walnut extract (such as Watkins, located in the baking aisle in most stores)
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 3 tbsp fat-free cream cheese, cut into oatmeal
• 1 tbsp chopped pecans
• stevia sweetener to taste
1/ Preheat oven to 350°.
2/ peel and grate carrots.
3/ Mix all ingredients in an ovenproof bowl.
4/ Bake oatmeal for 25–30 minutes or until top of oatmeal is firm to the touch.
5/ Remove from oven and serve as is or drizzle with a splash of unsweetened almond milk.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 328 calories, 11g fat, 36g carbs, 18g protein