Cherry Pear and Chicken Spinach Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Fall is in the air. Time to enjoy some of our favorite fruits that are best this time of year
Makes 1 salad
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cooked asparagus
- 1/3 cup cubed pear
- 7-8 dried or fresh pitted cherries
- 1/2 oz chopped walnuts
- 1 oz sliced sweet onion
- 4 oz cooked and cubed chicken breast
- 1 tsp reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tbs course ground Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp unsweetened almond milk
1. Steam for 5 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus, or until asparagus is tender. Cut in to 2" pieces and bake in a 350 degree oven for around 15 minutes. Coat with cooking spray first to avoid dryness.
2. Heat pan over medium. Coat with cooking spray.
3. Thinly slice onion and add to pan. Add walnuts too. Cook until onion becomes transparent.
4. Place spinach in a large bowl. Add cubed cooked chicken, sauteed onion and walnuts, cooked asparagus, dried cherries, sliced pear, and cheese.
5. Mix mustard, honey, and milk in a small bowl and drizzle over salad.
Total Fat: 11 g
Total Carbohydrates: 49 g
Dietary Fiber: 9 g
Sugars: 30 g
Protein: 34 g