Chocolate Flank Steak with Strawberry Salsa
Celebrate Valentine's Day with this healthy, ready in 30 minutes or less dinner
Makes 5 servings
• 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tbsp brown sugar/splenda blend
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp ground cumin
• 2 tsp chili powder
• 1/4 tsp each sea salt, ground pepper
• 1 lb flank steak
• 8 cored and diced medium strawberries
• 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
• 1/2 chopped medium white onion
• 1 seeded and diced jalapeño pepper
• 2 tbsp lime juice • 1 tbsp sugar-free honey
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
1/ Whisk vinegar, cocoa, brown sugar, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, a dash of sea salt, and ground pepper. Pour into a shallow dish or large Ziploc bag.
2/ Score flank steak on both sides and add to marinade. Let soak for 2–3 hours in the fridge.
3/ Preheat oven to broil.
4/ Broil each side 6–8 minutes (turning after 6 minutes) or until done to your liking.
5/ Remove from heat and let cool slightly. The flank will continue to cook when you remove it from the oven, so be sure not to overcook it.
6/ Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl—strawberries, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, honey, and dash sea salt.
7/ Serve flank with strawberry salsa.
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving): 264 calories, 13g fat, 10g carbs, 26g protein