Clean Gingerbread Baked French Toast
A clean twist on an old favorite to help you start your day off right
• 1 1/2 slices Ezekiel bread
• 1 tbsp pureed pumpkin
• 1 cup egg white substitute
• 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp maple extract
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp nutmeg
• 1/8 tsp cloves
• 1/4 tsp ginger
• dash sea salt
• stevia to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat pie plate with cooking spray. Place Ezekiel slices side by sid in plate.
3. Pour egg substitute in to a small bowl. Add pureed pumpkin along with all the seasonings and whisk together until completely combined.
4. Pour egg mixture over bread and bake in top 1/3 of oven for 10 minutes or until egg mixture is firm to tough (around 8-10 minutes).
5. Serve with light or sf maple syrup or make your own.
Nutritional Breakdown (per serving): 272 calories, 1.04g fat, 30.53g protein, 30.57g carbs, 7.91g fiber, 574.46mg sodium