Coconut Macadamia Nut Protein Pancakes
Give your tastebuds a wakeup call with this nutritious and delicious pancake recipe
Makes 2 servings (2 medium-sized pancakes per serving)
• 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
• 1/4 cup egg white substitute
• 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
• 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp Stevia in the Raw or Xylitol natural sweetener
• 1/4 tsp baking powder
• 1/8 tsp sea salt
• 1 tbsp reduced-fat shredded coconut
• 4 crushed macadamia nuts
1. Using a mixer blend all above ingredients together in a bowl with the exception of the macadamia nuts.
2. Chop macadamia nuts in to smaller pieces. Add to batter and stir well. Add a small amount of water or unsweetened almond milk if needed to get pancake consistency.
3. Heat large pan over medium. Coat lightly with cooking spray.
4. Distribute batter evenly in to 4 medium-sized pancakes.
5. Cook each side roughly two minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
6. Serve with a small amount of maple syrup and strawberries if desired (optional and not included in nutritional breakdown).
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 200 calories, 7.58g fat, 13.72g carbs, 3.2g sugar, 20.36g protein