Homemade Maple Granola
This easy, healthy, homemade granola recipe provides a delicious breakfast or snack that's good for you
Makes 30 servings (approximately 1/3 cup per serving)
5 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp maple extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup roasted cashew pieces
1 cup blanched almonds
1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
1 cup golden raisins
1 cup date pieces
1 cup dried cherries
1. Place coconut oil in a small bowl and heat to liquid. Add honey, maple extract, and cinnamon. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
2. Pour oats and all remaining ingredients in to a large bowl. Stir until mixed, then pour in liquid mixture and continue to stir until well-combined.
3. Pour mixture on to a large cookie sheet (1” rim), and spread evenly.
4. Place in top 1/3 of oven and bake for roughly 30-35 minutes. Gently stir a few times throughout baking process to ensure it's golden throughout.
5. Remove from oven and let cool.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 247 calories, 11g total fat, 34g carbohydrates, 12g sugars, 3g protein