Hot Blue Cheese Roasted Vegetables
Spice up your boring veggies with this quick and tasty recipe
There are days I love eating my vegetables, and then there are others when it is really is hard to get them down. I know they are great for me, but when I eat the same thing day after day I lose interest. So, I combined another of my favorites (buffalo sauce and blue cheese) with roasted veggies. Healthy and absolutely delicious. Small changes like this one help to make old staples taste like new again.
Makes 2 servings
1 cup broccoli
3/4 cup cauliflower
1/4 cup roughly chopped white onion
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tsp buffalo wing sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut broccoli and cauliflower in to small pieces.
3. Slice white onion in to chunks (not too thin or they will brown too fast).
4. Add veggies to a small bowl. Drizzle both wing sauce and olive oil over veggies. Lightly sprinkle sea salt and black pepper. Toss to coat.
5. Place coated veggies in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until veggies start to brown.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with blue cheese while still hot. Stir to melt cheese. Serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 71 calories, 2.95g fat, 9.49g carbs, 3.42g protein