Craving something different? Try this delicious, healthy snack to satisfy hunger between meals
Makes 1 snack
- 1 slice Ezekiel bread
- 2 oz. turkey breast, cooked and sliced
- 1 oz. baby spinach
- 1/2 oz. sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 oz. avocado
- 1/2 oz. heirloom tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs. (20 g) mozzarella cheese, partly skimmed, shredded
- Sweet white balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat broiler. Line a small baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
2. Place Ezekiel bread on pan and broil until toasted.
3. Remove from oven, then smear ripe avocado over toasted bread.
Tip: If avocado is still unripe, measure out amount needed and place on small plate, then heat in microwave for 30 seconds or until soft.
4. Layer in this order: sliced turkey breast, heirloom tomato, sweet onion, spinach, grated cheese and seasoning. Spray liberally with white balsamic vinegar.
5. Place back into oven for 2-3 minutes, then serve!
- Calories: 204
- Total Fat: 5.65 g
- Total Carbohydrates: 19.97 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.53 g
- Sugars: 2.63 g
- Protein: 18.89 g