Mud Pie Mousse
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this healthy, guilt-free creamy mousse recipe
Makes 2 servings
• 1/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
• 1 tbsp dark unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3 tsp Xylitol sweetener
• 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (divided)
• espresso powder, to taste (I used roughly ¼ tsp Starbucks)
• 3/4 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
• 2 egg whites
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• dash sea salt
1. Add ricotta cheese, 3/4 tablespoon peanut butter, cocoa powder, small amount of espresso powder, and Xylitol sweetener to a bowl. Blend until completely smooth. Add 3/4 scoop chocolate whey protein and blend again until mixed in.
2. In a seperate bowl blend egg whites, dash sea salt, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
3. Combine bowls and blend until mixed together.
4. Pour in to two serving bowls.
5. Melt remaining peanut butter and drizzle lightly over top.
6. Add chopped roasted almonds to the top and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 188 calories, 7.66g fat, 13.59g carbohydrate, 20.01g protein