Open Faced Shrimp Taco
These full-flavor shrimp tacos are easy to prep and diet-friendly, too.
Makes 1 serving
• 3 oz medium cooked and deveined shrimp
• 2 oz (approximately 2) mini sweet peppers
• 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
• 1 tbs rinsed and drained black beans
• 1 thinly sliced green onion
• 1/4 tsp minced garlic
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1/2 oz sliced avocado
• 1 corn tortilla (each Lynn Wilson corn tortilla is 30 calories with only 6g carbs)
• cooking spray
1. Coat medium-sized pan with cooking spray. Heat pan over medium.
2. Thaw shrimp if frozen by running under hot water. Remove tails.
3. Core and remove seeds from peppers. Slice in to bite-sized pieces.
4. Slice green onion.
5. Saute peppers and onion in pan. Add garlic. Continue to cook until transparent. Add spices, black beans, and tomatoes and stir. Then add shrimp and saute on medium-low just until shrimp are heated through.
6. Heat corn tortilla in microwave or in a separate pan. Coat tortilla with cooking spray to keep it from drying out.
7. Layer tortilla with shrimp mixture and finish off with fresh avocado.
If you are looking to increase your protein, add a dollop of nonfat Greek yogurt, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 184 calories, 15.8g carbs, 3.96g fat, 21.03g protein