Pineapple Protein Cake
Enjoy a taste of the tropics from the comfort of your own kitchen with this quick and easy protein-packed treat
Makes 2 servings
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/8 cup Gaspari Myofusion Elite Vanilla protein powder
• 2 tbs xylitol
• 1/3 cup 100% pineapple juice
• 5 tbs almond milk
• 1 egg
• 1 egg white
• 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
• 4 small pineapple wedges (2 each)
• dash cinnamon
1. Whisk the coconut flour, xylitol, cinnamon, and baking and protein powders together in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Beat the egg, egg white, pineapple juice, almond milk and yogurt until combined.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined thoroughly.
4. Coat the insides of two microwavable drinking cups with cooking spray.
5. Pour batter into cups, then poke the tip of a knife into the batter in the middle of the cup.
6. Cut pineapple wedges into small pieces; set aside.
7. Microwave on high for two minutes, or until cake is firm to touch. Top with pineapple.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 296 calories, 21g protein, 41g carbs, 7g fat