Turkey Taco Salad
Less than 25 minutes to this flavorful, healthy twist on Mexican tacos
This salad was inspired when both my friend and I started a similar meal plan. To keep her diet interesting, she turned her turkey tacos into a salad. I borrowed the basic idea from her, then added my own twist to it. It's delicious and I'm sure you'll agree once you've tried it!
• 1 lb. 99/1 ground turkey
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tbsp chili powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1/4 tsp minced garlic
• 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
• 4 quartered cherry tomatoes
• 1/4 sliced and grilled white onions
• 1 oz mashed avocado
• 1/4 tsp guacamole seasoning
• 2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1/4 tsp Fiesta Lime Mrs. Dash seasoning
• 1 corn tortilla
• Lime Chalula Sauce or other Hot Sauce
Note: This recipe is for one serving, but ground turkey once prepared is for four.
1. Heat large pan over medium. Coat with cooking spray. Cook lean ground turkey until cooked through (no pink). Add cumin, chili seasoning, onion powder, minced garlic, and 1 tbsp to the pan and mix completely. Portion out 4 oz. and refrigerate the rest for future meals.
2. Heat a second smaller pan over medium. Coat with cooking spray. Add sliced onion and cook until transparent.
3. Chop romaine and add to a large salad bowl. Quarter cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl as well. Transfer grilled onion to the bowl.
4. Drizzle salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and sprinkle with Fiesta Lime seasoning. Toss until mixed through.
5. Mash avocado and mix with guacamole seasoning. Spoon over salad.
6. While small pan is still hot heat corn tortilla until tender on both sides. Cut in to pieces over salad.
7. Add seasoned turkey to the bowl and drizzle with Lime Chalula. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 353 calories, 15.49g fat, 33.74g carbohydrate, 27.14g protein