Key Largo Lime DeLIGHT!
The refreshing taste of Key Lime Pie without the guilty calories!
What’s more refreshing after a long hot day in the sun than kicking your feet up with a nice refreshing piece of Key Lime Pie? How about Key Largo Lime DeLIGHT? All of the taste, without the guilt! Unless, of course, kicking your feet up causes you pain because you spent a little too much time in the sun without proper UV protection! OUCH. Well, I want you to get full enjoyment out of this delightful dessert, so in case this happens to you, this recipe feature provides an at-a-glance guide to taking care of that painful sunburn (be wise and use SPF to try and avoid the UV burn altogether!).
REMEDIES FOR SUNBURN*:
• Drink a lot of water to help counteract the drying effects of a burn
• Take a cool bath for 15-20 minutes
• Use cool cloths on sunburned areas
• Apply soothing lotions that contain aloe vera to sunburned areas
• Topical anesthetics may offer some temporary relief from pain and itching (look for products that contain lidocaine)
• Take an over-the-counter pain reliever to relieve the pain and cut the inflammation
While these measures are all great once the damage is done, remember it’s most important to try to avoid being burned by the sun in the first place! Ok, enough preaching – let’s get right to the recipe! The refreshing taste of Key Lime Pie will be yours as soon as you get in that kitchen and get to whisking! It's all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Let's make it happen…
Key Largo Lime DeLIGHT
1/2 c. cold almond milk, unsweetened
1/4 c. cold water
1 TB lime juice
1 TB FF cream cheese
1/2 pkg. SF pudding dry mix – Vanilla
1 scoop (approx 30g) vanilla protein powder
1/4 c Cool Whip Free
2 TB Graham Cracker Crumbs
½ TB Coconut oil, softened, or at room temperature
pinch sea salt
How to Prepare
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs and coconut oil in a small bowl with a fork until well mixed and crumbly.
2. Press graham cracker mixture along the sides of the bowl to form a crust. Set aside.
3. Mix milk, water, lime juice, cream cheese, and pudding mix in a separate bowl with a wire whisk for 1 minute until smooth. Feel the burn!
4. Whisk in protein powder and Cool Whip until fluffy (approx. 30 secs).
5. Scoop filling mixture over crust.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and…as always…Enjoy!!
Per serving (serves 1): 323 calories, 25.1 grams protein, 29 grams carbohydrates, 11.9 grams fat.
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.
*The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended as diagnosis, treatment, or prescription of any kind. The decision to use, or not to use, any information is the sole responsibility of the reader.