Dana Linn Bailey’s Total Body Blast
From power cleans to ring pullups to quad-blasting box jumps, these exercises are guaranteed to burn fat, build serious muscle, and get you ripped from head to toe.
Taking a cue from the popular CrossFit workout, we asked X-FIT athlete and IFBB physique pro Dana Linn Bailey to demonstrate her version of the total-body circuit. This circuit style workout consists of six exercises, each performed 30 times before moving on to the next one. Time the entire workout to track your progress.
1 BOX JUMPS
WORKS: CALVES GLUTES, QUADS
For the box jump series, choose a stable box or platform (like a step with 3–4 risers) of approximately 20 inches.
• Stand facing box, about a foot away.
• Using your arms to propel you, jump on the box, landing on the middle of the platform with flat feet (shown).
• Stand up straight on the box, hips facing forward; the move is not complete until hips are fully extended.
• Jump backward off box, landing with feet flat.
2 TOES TO BAR
WORKS: FOREARMS, LATS, ABS
This move requires serious core strength and control. Touch your feet to the bar; as an alternative, touch your knees to your elbows.
• Start in a hanging position with hands shoulder-width apart, gripping the pull-up bar; keep lats and shoulders engaged throughout the move.
• Swing legs straight, with control, hinging at hip until they touch the bar (shown).
• Control the move on the way down, keeping shoulders tight and core engaged.