Smoking Hot Legs
Sculpt an eye-catching lower body with these seven perfect moves
These lower-body power combo moves will carve every angle of your glutes, thighs, and calves while targeting your core too. Figure competitor Michele Levesque uses these potent multijoint exercises to send her fat-burning furnace into overdrive and build ultrasleek muscles.
Curtsy Lunge to Leg Lift
Works: Outer hips, thighs
● Stand with your feet together, holding a medicine ball at chest level.
● Brace your abs and then lunge your left leg behind your right leg, until your left knee is about six inches from the floor.
● From lunge, immediately lift your left leg out to the left side, keeping it straight and foot flexed.
● Slowly lower your left leg back into a curtsy lunge; repeat for 15 reps. switch sides, lunging your right leg back and then out for 15 reps.
Medicine Ball Glute Lift
● Start by lying on a mat with your head and palms flat on the floor, arms straight. pull both feet toward your hips.
● Place your left heel on a medicine ball and extend your right leg upward, elevating your lower back.
● Exhale, then pulse your pelvis up toward the ceiling, flexing your glutes at the top. Inhale and return your lower back to about one inch above the floor. repeat, focusing on using your glutes to control the movement rather than your hamstrings. Do two sets of 30 reps on each leg.
Works: Glutes, inner and outer thighs
● Stand with your heels six inches apart and toes turned outward. hold a body bar perpendicular to the floor in front of you with your arms extended. rise onto the balls of your feet.
● Remaining on your toes, engage your abs and then squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor and your legs create a diamond shape.
● Rise back up to standing, squeezing your inner thighs and glutes throughout. Repeat for two sets of 25 reps.
Single-leg Drop and Raise
Works: Shoulders, core, quads
● Stand with your left foot near the right edge of an 18-inch box or a bench with your right leg suspended and foot flexed. hold dumbbells at your thighs, palms facing behind you .
● Squatting, lower your right foot to about six inches off the floor and lift your arms to eye level. Then push off your left leg to return to start. Repeat for two sets of 12 reps on each leg.
Works: Core, glutes
● Place a Bosu ball on an 18-inch box, flat side down. lie on the highest point of the ball at your waist and lower abdomen.
● Extend arms and legs simultaneously and balance, squeezing your glutes at the top.
● Drop your arms and legs slightly below parallel to the floor. perform two sets of 20 reps, holding for three seconds at the top.
Plié Leg Press with Heel Drive
Works: Hamstrings, quads
● Place your feet wide on a leg press machine with toes pointed outward. lower plate deep until your knees are in line with your shoulders.
● Press up, keeping the weight concentrated on your heels. at the top of the move, lift the balls of your feet off the plate, press through your heels, and flex your hamstrings.
● Repeat for two sets of 20 reps.
Sissy Squat with Rope
Works: Hip flexors, quads
● Hold the end of a rope, hands together, attached to a heavy weight stack and place your feet inside hip width.
● Rise onto the balls of your feet (where you’ll stay throughout the exercise) and lean back.
● Keeping your arms extended and head forward, descend slowly into a squat. Perform two sets of 25 reps, making sure your lower body and core stay under continuous tension.
Michele’s Favorite Fat Blaster!
GAT’s JetFuel Pyro is the ultimate thermogenic boost for hard-training women. The perfectly formulated mix of fat-loss and feel-good ingredients includes raspberry ketones, green-coffee bean extract, and caffeine anhydrous, as well as antioxidants. They’re combined with dopamine
and serotonin boosters and engineered in a superfast delivery system for a results-driven, jitter-free mix that only GAT could mastermind.