Hello, Gorgeous Glutes!
Amplify your assets with a simple twist on a few posterior classics. By adding easily adjustable weights to the glute exercises you’ve employed for years, you’ll go no-holds-barred on your backside.
Works: Core, Glutes, Hamstrings, Quads
• With both weights secured together around your waist, stand with your feet wider than hip width, pointed out at 45-degree angles and hands at eye level, with upper arms parallel to floor.
• Keeping glutes tight, lower until thighs are parallel to the floor. Then rise up from the squat without locking your knees at top.
• Do 2 sets of 30 reps.
StepMill with Weighted Leg Lift
Works: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings
• Grasp the support bars of a StepMill with both hands at the top step, wearing five- to seven-pound ankle weights on your ankles. With StepMill at a slow to moderate pace, begin stepping, taking every other step.
• As your front leg strikes the step, simultaneously lift trailing leg upward and flex glutes . Draw leg back to step and perform with other leg. Repeat for 60 steps (30 raises on each leg).
Fire Hydrant Side Hip Lift
Works: Outer Hips, Glutes, Core
• Assume same leg and arm position as hip lift.
• Keeping your right knee bent 90 degrees, lift your leg upward and out to your right side, flexing your glute until your right knee is at hip level.
•Bring your right knee back down without touching floor. Repeat for 2 sets of 20 repetitions each leg.
Tip: This move even works without weights. Just make sure to focus on good form.
Quadruped Hip Lift Crossover
Works: Core, Glutes
• Wearing ankle weights, place your left forearm on the floor and right palm on the floor, shoulder-width apart, with your left elbow directly under shoulder. Position your knees hip width on the mat.
• Lift your right leg up toward the ceiling, your leg slightly bent. Drop your knee downward crossing it over back of left knee without touching it to floor.
• Repeat for 2 sets of 20 reps each leg.
Bridge to Pelvic Lift
Works: Core, Glutes
• Lie on your back with feet hip width and ankles directly under knees. Hold weights at your waist, secured with your hands.
• Lift your pelvis upward into a bridge until your knees, back, and shoulders are in line. Flex glutes, hold, then return to start.
Advanced: Elevate just the balls of your feet during the bridge, remove weight, and do 20 more reps to failure.